V3 App Takes Radio Apps To An Entirely New Level
jacAPPS has unveiled its next generation smartphone app – V3. The new application provides an extraordinary amount of flexibility, expansion, and listener engagement not found in most apps for radio or in aggregated apps that contain hundreds of stations.
“With over 600 apps and close to 14 million downloads under our belt, we’ve learned a lot about what listeners want in an app,” jacAPPS Vice President General Manager said. “Radio station brands are more than just their stream. They engage with audiences through multiple channels. And the V3 app enables time-shifting, social communication, and sharing. For jacAPPS customers, the app provides unlimited expandability as well as a revenue component, push messaging, and the ability to be updated immediately without going through any approval process. This is truly a major step forward for radio in the mobile space.”
The V3 app is designed with the following objectives in mind:
1. Provide a large screen space for the station to display images they control remotely.
2. Contain unlimited navigation based on horizontal scrolling. As stations decide to add features such as video, on-demand, news, events, and blogs, the app can quickly and seamlessly be updated.
3. Offer social sharing so content from the app can immediately be posted on Facebook, shared on Twitter or sent out via email.
4. Provide an optional revenue sharing program via Verve Wireless, and push messaging via Urban Airship.
5. Display album art featured on the front page of the app.
“This is a great leap forward for the radio industry,” says Jacobs. We have always believed that the best mobile apps are individual and customized based on each station’s strategy, brand equity, and available resources. Radio is fighting against pureplay providers like Pandora and Spotify, so we’ve got to be on top of our game. Mobile is a dynamic space, and we are committed to helping radio stations capture that dynamism and compete successfully.”
The V3 application has been developed for the iPhone and Android platforms, and is available immediately. For more information, email Paul Jacobs or call at (248) 353-9030.